Diana’s Breads. Stafford Farmers Market.
Preparing now for the last farmers market this year at Stafford This Saturday 12th
I will be doing a small amount of baking – as a response to requests – for the 19th. If you are interested in this please make sure I have you on my email list.
I have as usual plenty of preserves including Christmas gift packs.
Price guidelines Large loaves £2.20, Small loaves £1.50, Pastries and tarts range from £1.50 to £3.50 depending on size and ingredients.
The Sour Doughs
· V White
· V Wholemeal
· V Granary
· V Mixed grain and seeds.
· White milk loaf (With milk)
· Wholemeal bread.
· V Lentil bread.
· V Pumpkin bread
· V Oatmeal
· V Mixed malted granary with seeds. (low GI and high in omega 3)
· Roasted tomato and garlic bread
· Cheese and onion twist bread.
· V Maneesh – Lebanese flat breads topped with sesame and herbs.
Sweeter options. (with egg and butter)
· Fig and seed bread. (enriched with egg and butter)
· Kringle – a rich Scandinavian Christmas pastry filled with
· Linzertorte (a traditional german tart with spiced hazelnut pastry and a layer of raspberry jam ) Some large – maybe some individual sized.
· Apple, quince & almond tarts
· Not a pork pie – deep filled bean and veg pies with hot water pastry
· Puff pastry snacks with roasted veg, or cheese, or chorizo (still deciding exactly what to make - some will be suitable for freezing and reheating.)
Seasonal specials - for Stafford Farmers market.
· Panforte (Italian Christmas speciality filled with dried fruits and nuts.) £3.00
· Mince pies (with my own mincemeat, and using a recipe by Richard Bertinet – with the pies topped with frangipani. Pack of 4 £2.00
Small cakes – Tinned loaf £3.00 Individual mini cake 50p
· Porter Cake
· Bundt cake – A light ring cake made with egg whites – with raisins and almonds.
· Prune, fig, raisin, and apricot rich fruit cake with Chestnut puree and rum. £7.00
There are a limited number of Biscuits.
· Wheels of steel (These are made with Oats, wholemeal, butter, peanut butter, raisins and nuts) Pack of 4 £1.50. Individual large biscuit 50p
· Milk biscuits with
o Mixed seeds and nuts
o Caraway seeds
o Dark Chocolate
· Oat and coconut biscuits (lower sugar)
· Plum Gingerbread pockets. (German rye pocket filled with dark spiced plum paste)
· Chocolate shortbread
· Stem ginger shortbread
· Classic Bread and butter pudding £2.50