Here is what I am planning for the first Castle Artisan
market at Newcastle Sunday 18th October
The Sour Doughs
• White milk loaf (With milk)
• 50% wholemeal ( a lighter wholemeal)
• Variations on 50% wholemeal
o Oat bread
o Lentil bread.
o Pumpkin bread
• Mixed grain with a lot of seeds. (low GI and high in omega 3)
• Lebanese flat breads including Maneesh and filled vegetable breads.
Sweeter options. (with egg and butter)
• Fig and seed bread. (enriched with egg and butter)
• Apple quince and almond tarts
• Kringle (Scandinavian enriched yeasted pastry filled with almonds and fruit)
• Panforte (Italian Christmas speciality filled with dried fruits and nuts.)
• Linzer torte (Austrian spiced nut pastry filled with raspberry jam)
• There may be an assortment of German style biscuits – (if I get time)
• Deep filled wholemeal vegetarian pies. (9cm)
Please remember that this is a micro bakery and I only make a limited amount of each, so if you would like to reserve anything for the next time I am baking please email me on - Good plan to put “What’s cooking” in the subject.
Prices Note discount for pre-ordered bread.
Generally the 800g breads are £2.20 (or £2.00 if pre-ordered)
and the 400g breads are £1.50 £1.30)
This applies to Sour dough and yeasted breads.
The Fruit breads are £2.00 for 600g loaf
Tarts, cakes and pastries will vary depending on size and cost of ingredients.